The Edifice Lab at Arizona State University is seeking motivated PhD students interested in conducting cutting edge research in computer vision and digital modeling of the built environment. The positions are fully funded.
Qualifications that will ensure success:
- Have a love of learning and the courage to attempt challenging intellectual projects.
- Be fearlessly honest.
- Be open-minded yet assertive.
- Have insights about how the architecture, engineering, construction, and facility management industries can improve.
- Have experience in virtual design and construction (VDC), examples:
- experience with reality capture, e.g. laser scanning, photogrammetry,
- and experience with building information modeling.
- Have strong programming skills or demonstrated potential for developing strong programming skills.
- Have fluency in written and spoken English.
Make your application stand out with the following.
- Have experience with computer vision/machine learning.
- Have experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, PyTorch).
- Have experience with game development (e.g. Unity, Unreal Engine).
- Understand Industry Foundation Classes (IFC).
- Understand abstraction (computer science).
How to Apply
Send two writing samples, an up-to-date CV, your Bachelors/Masters transcripts, and two letters of recommendation to Thomas.Czerniawski@asu.edu. In your email explain why you want a PhD (approx. 100 words). Request that the recommenders also email their letters directly to Thomas.Czerniawski@asu.edu. If your relationship with the recommenders allows, request that they include at least one thing they were impressed with and one thing they were disappointed by.